The Limi Hospital invites you to join our Abuja Health Walk which is designed to help facilitate happy and healthy families, as we have done for over 40 years.
Walking is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health. Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. It can also reduce your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers. Unlike some other forms of exercise, walking is free and doesn’t require any special equipment or training.
Our Health Walk:
- – Is led by a trained volunteer on a risk assessed route
- – Is about an hour long
- – Has a short warm up at the start, followed by a brisk walk and then a short cool down at the end
- – Welcomes new walkers who would benefit from being more active
- – Is a friendly group walk offered regularly
- – Is an opportunity to meet new people in your area and explore places you might not have been before
Health Walks are aimed at inactive people who would benefit most from doing more physical activity. This can include people who haven’t been active for a while and would like to start again, people recovering from ill health or who are managing a long-term condition and anyone who’s been told by a health professional that they would benefit from being more active.